A Brief Overview of Our Main Terms
When setting out to write these terms we wanted to keep them simple. After all what we are doing is simple. We’re making it easier for ourselves, and nice people like you, to find and book great camping holidays. Simple as that.
So, when we sat down, what you see below is what we came up with. When we took it to our colleagues who love legal stuff, they prepared something a little more shall we say robust, with a little more detail! You can view that here. We also have some helpful FAQs.
If after looking over the details, there is anything you’re not sure of, drop us a line. We would be delighted to help.
Booking and Payments
- When you find a campsite you like simply send a booking request. See more details about booking requests in our FAQs section here.
- The campsite will confirm your booking. This will happen really quickly. Typically a few hours.
- When the booking is confirmed you will receive an email.
- You will have to enter your credit or debit card details when sending a booking request.
- Our payments mechanism is 100% secure, and your card will only be debited when a booking is confirmed.
- Some banks may show your deposit payment as a pending debit until your booking is confirmed or declined. If a booking is declined the pending debit disappears.
- The deposit amount will be a percentage of the total cost of the booking. This will be deducted from the total cost.
- You will pay the balance for your trip in advance of your arrival date. Again by credit or debit card.
- The deposit amount and the time-frame for the payment of the remaining balance will vary depending on the campsite you book. These details will be available as you go through the booking process itself.
- We don’t charge a booking fee. The nice people at the campsites pay us a percentage of each booking. This is typically between 10% to 15%.
- Some continental campsites may charge a booking fee. We facilitate this, but this fee goes directly to the campsite.
- If a campsite charges a booking fee, you will see it when you are making a booking.
- If you need to cancel a booking we would ask that you contact us, or the campsite you have made the booking with. Be sure to have your reference number when you do this.
- The campsites cancellation policy will be included in their Sales Terms, which will be available to you when making a booking. These Sales Terms have to be accepted by you when making a booking request.
- If a booking is cancelled in line with the campsites cancellation and refund policy, you will be entitled to a refund.
- If you have cancel your booking, outside of the campsites allowable cancellation time-frame, the campsite may at their discretion provide you with a refund for some or all of the monies paid to them.
- We understand that when such cancellations happen it is often due to unexpected and stressful circumstances. In such situations we are always happy to help in any way we can to help resolve the matter. We understand that when such cancellations happen it is often due to unexpected and stressful circumstances. In such situations we are always happy to help in any way we can to help resolve the matter. Please contact us if this happens and you need any help.
- To help minimise the impact of unexpected cancellations, we always recommend to put the appropriate level of travel insurance in place. From our own experience we think it really does help de-stress things.
If you have any questions please drop us a line at email@example.com. We'd love to hear from you.
Finán and all the team at Campsited :)