Campsited Win The Inaugural Enterprise Ireland Pioneer Travel Tech Award
We were delighted to recently win the Inaugural Enterprise Ireland Pioneer Travel Tech Award, at Enterprise Ireland HQ.
The award was presented by Máire Walsh (SVP of Digital Technologies for EI Silicon Valley) as part of a day long Enterprise Ireland hosted Travel Tech forum. The topic for the event was Driving Innovation and Ancillary Revenue. The day featured leading executives from Ireland, the U.S. and beyond; from airlines, hotels, OTA’s, venture, and industry thought leaders.
The mission of the event was to share knowledge and to highlight Irish companies that have innovative technologies. The Inaugural Enterprise Ireland Pioneer Travel Tech Award saw high performing early stage Irish companies battle for the grand prize of the best new product and Campsited came out on top!
To determine the winner, judges decided what company they would invest in if they were investing their respective company’s monies. And was judged by the following leading industry experts:
- Christina Heggie, Investment Principal, Jet Blue Ventures
- Dave Canty, VP Global Loyalty Programs, Intercontinental Hotel Group
- Conor O’Sullivan, Head of Product, Datalex
- Niall McEvoy, Manager High Potential Start Up Dept (ICT), Enterprise Ireland
- Vikram Rajagopalan, Innovation Strategy, Delta Air Lines
- Henry H. Harteveldt, President, Atmosphere Research Group. Formerly VP of global travel research for Forrester and named on 2014 "Skift 30" list of travel industry movers and shakers.
The prize included automatic selection to pitch at the Mega Event Worldwide (Ancillary, Loyalty & Co-Brand Conference) in California, where attendees will be leading executives from travel tech globally.
Some tweets of support from the judges after the event:
Congratulations Finan, a well deserved award. You’re perseverance in following through on something you believe in, is inspiring. @campsited has huge potential and I wish you success. Investors take note. https://t.co/XljVAEeAVa— Dave Canty (@Tremdave) March 30, 2018