Frequently Asked Questions
How do bookings work?
- When you find a campsite you like simply check availability and book - see more details about booking requests below.
- The campsite will respond to confirm or decline your booking. This process is very fast. Typically a few hours and over 95% of bookings are accepted.
- When the booking is confirmed you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
Why do you use booking requests instead of instantly confirmed bookings?
- The reason we do this is very simple. As a company we are growing steadily. While doing so we are nurturing the relationships with the campsites we partner with.
- Over time as these partnerships grow, many campsites chose to move to instant bookings, which we already have. Some will always prefer booking requests. But that’s OK. In Airbnb’s youth it was all booking requests, and that served their hosts and their customers brilliantly. Now they have a great mix of instant book and request to book properties, and it works perfectly for everyone.
- From our perspective it’s all about the service, transparency and support we offer along the way. So, if there’s ever anything your not happy with just shout. We’ll always do our best to make it right.
How do payments work?
- You will enter your credit or debit card details when sending a booking request.
- Our payments are 100% secure, and your card will only be debited when a booking is confirmed.
- Some banks may show the deposit payment as a pending debit until your booking is confirmed or declined. If a booking is declined the pending debit disappears.
- The deposit amount will be a percentage of the total cost of the booking. This will be deducted from the total cost of your holiday.
- You will typically pay the balance for your trip in advance of your arrival date. Again by credit or debit card.
- The deposit amount and the time-frame for the payment of the remaining balance will vary depending on the campsite you book.
- These details will be available in the campsite Sales Terms which will be available as you go through the booking process.
Do you charge a booking fee?
- Campsited does not charge a booking fee for bookings. The nice people at the campsites pay us a commission for each booking. This is typically between 10% and 15%
- Some continental campsites may charge a booking fee. We facilitate this, but this fee goes directly to the campsite.
What if I don't get an email confirming the booking?
- Contact us at email@example.com and we will look into it for you.
I have specific needs for my trip, like a highchair, how do I get one?
- When making your booking you can also book optional extras. These are available as you go through the booking process.
- In addition there is a special requests section which you can fill in as you are going through the booking process.
- We always recommend calling the campsite before arrival to ensure everything is in place.
What time can I check in to my campsite?
- The arrival time for your campsite will be available oin the Booking Information section of the profile page for each campsite. If you are running late or you need a late check-in we advise calling the campsite to arrange this.
If there is a problem with my booking who should I contact?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of you.
How do I cancel a booking I’ve made?
- If you need to cancel a booking we would ask that you contact us at email@example.com, or the campsite you have made the booking with. Be sure to have your reference number when you do this.
Will I get a refund if I cancel a booking?
- The campsites cancellation policy will be included in their Sales Terms, which will be available to you as you go through the booking process. These Sales Terms have to be accepted when making a booking.
- If a booking is cancelled in line with the campsites cancellation and refund policy, you will be entitled to a refund.
- If you have to cancel your booking outside of the campsites allowable cancellation time-frame, the campsite may at their discretion provide you with a refund for some or all of the monies paid to them.
- We understand that when such cancellations happen it is often due to unexpected and stressful circumstances. In such situations we are always happy to help in any way we can to help resolve the matter. Please contact us if this happens and you need any help.
- To help minimise the impact of unexpected cancellations, we always recommend purchasing an appropriate level of travel insurance. From our own experience we think it really does help relieve any extra stress that you don't need on your holiday!
If there are any questions we don't cover here please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you.
Finán and all the Team at Campsited :)