Some frequently asked questions about our service
How do bookings work?
- When you find a campsite you like simply check availability and book. It takes less than two minutes and is 100% secure.
- The campsite will confirm your booking. This will happen really quickly.
- When the booking is confirmed you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
How do payments work?
- You will enter your credit or debit card details when making a a booking.
- Our payments are 100% secure. We use Stripe for payments for UK and Ireland campsite bookings, and Payline for booking all other campsites.
- The deposit amount will be a percentage (typically 25%) of the total cost of your booking. This will be deducted from the total cost of your booking.
- You will receive an email to pay the balance for your trip, typically four weeks before your check in date. Some campsites will take balance payment on arrival.
- If you are booking closer to your check in date the campsite may require full payment instead of a deposit.
- Many of campsites we partner with, because they are independent, have different deposit and balance payment terms. The campsites make this information visible in the booking terms as you go through the booking process.
Do you charge a booking fee?
- We don't charge a booking fee. The nice people at the campsites pay us a small fee for each booking we send their way.
- Some continental campsites may charge a booking fee. We facilitate this, but this fee goes directly to the campsite.
- If a campsite charges a booking fee, you will see it when you are making a booking.
What if I don't get an email confirming the booking?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into it for you.
I have specific needs for my trip, like electricity hook up for a pitch or sheets for our accommodation. How do I get these?
- When making your booking we will show you the extras a campsite has available. You can choose to add these to your booking if you wish to do so.
- There is also special requests section which you can fill in as you are going through the booking process.
- We always recommend calling the campsite before arrival to ensure everything is in place.
What time can I check in to my campsite?
- The arrival time for your campsite will be available on the Booking Information section of the profile page for each campsite.
- If you are running late or you need a late check-in it's always best to call or email the campsite to arrange this.
- The campsites contact details will be included in your booking confirmation email.
If there is a problem with my booking who should I contact?
- Contact us at email@example.com and we will help with whatever problem you have.
How do I cancel a booking I've made?
- If you need to cancel a booking we would ask that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the campsite you have made the booking with. Be sure to have your reference number when you do this.
Will I get a refund if I cancel a booking?
- The campsites cancellation policy will be included in their booking terms, which will be available to you as you go through the booking process.
- If a booking is cancelled in line with the campsites cancellation and refund policy, you will be entitled to a refund.
- If you have to cancel your booking outside of the campsite's allowable cancellation time-frame, the campsite may at their discretion provide you with a refund for some or all of the monies paid to them.
- We understand that when such cancellations happen it is often due to unexpected and stressful circumstances. In such situations we are always happy to help in any way we can to help resolve the matter. Please contact us if this happens and you need any help.
- To help minimise the impact of unexpected cancellations, we always recommend purchasing an appropriate level of travel insurance. From our own experience we think it really does help relieve any extra stress that you don't need on your holiday!
If there are any questions we don't cover here please drop us a line at. We'd love to hear from you.
Finán and all the Team at Campsited