A Brief Overview of Our Main Terms
When setting out to write these terms we wanted to keep them simple. After all what we are doing is simple. We're making it easier for ourselves, and nice people like you, to find and book great camping holidays. Simple as that.
When we took it to our colleagues who love legal stuff, they prepared something a little more shall we say robust, with a little more detail! You can view that here. We also have some helpful FAQs.
If after looking over the details, there is anything you're not sure of, drop us a line. We would be delighted to help.
Booking and Payments
- When you find a campsite you like simply book it. It takes less than two minutes and is 100% secure.
- The campsite will confirm you're booking. This will happen really quickly.
- When the booking is confirmed you will receive an email.
- You will have to enter your credit or debit card details when making a booking.
- Our payments mechanisms are 100% secure. We use Stripe for payments for UK and Ireland campsite bookings, and Payline for booking all other campsites.
- The deposit amount will be a percentage (typically 25%) of the total cost of your booking. This will be deducted from the total cost of your booking.
- You will receive an email to pay the balance for your trip, typically four weeks before your check in date. Some campsites will take balance payment on arrival.
- If you are booking closer to your check in date the campsite may require full payment instead of a deposit.
- Many of campsites we partner with, because they are independent, have different deposit and and balance payment terms. The campsites make this information visible in the booking terms as you go through the booking process.
- We don't charge a booking fee. The nice people at the campsites pay us a small fee for each booking we send their way.
- Some continental campsites may charge a booking fee. We facilitate this, but this fee goes directly to the campsite.
- If a campsite charges a booking fee, you will see it when you are making a booking.
- If you need to cancel a booking we would ask that you contact us, or the campsite you have made the booking with. Be sure to have your reference number when you do this.
- The campsites cancellation policy will be included in their booking terms, which will be available to you when making a booking.
- If a booking is cancelled in line with the campsites cancellation and refund policy, you will be entitled to a refund.
- If you have to cancel your booking, outside of the campsites allowable cancellation time-frame, the campsite may at their discretion provide you with a refund for some or all of the monies paid to them.
- We understand that when such cancellations happen it is often due to unexpected and stressful circumstances. In such situations we are always happy to do whatever we can to help resolve the matter. Please contact us if this happens and you need any help.
- To help minimise the impact of unexpected cancellations, we always recommend to put the appropriate level of travel insurance in place. From our own experience we think it really does help de-stress things.
If there are any questions we don't cover here please drop us a line at. We'd love to hear from you.
Finán and all the Team at Campsited