Campsited.com is the website of Ecommodation Lab Limited trading as Campsited (the "Website").
At Campsited we are committed to building the world’s greatest camping and outdoor community, and that starts with protecting the privacy of everyone in our community. This means that we will protect the personal information of all visitors who access our websites or services through any mobile application, platform or device.
2. Information Gathering
We receive store and process information that visitors provide to us when completing a booking, or users provide when registering as an accommodation provider (“Accommodation Provider”). The booking information we require for customers (“the Customer”), wishing to book a campsite or optional extras with an Accommodation Provider through the Website will include some or all of the following, depending on the Accommodation Provider;
- Full name
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Passport number (for some Accommodation Providers only)
- Phone number
- Email address
To ensure a Customer’s booking is processed while on the Website, we require credit or debit card details to process payment of a deposit and service charge (service charge applies for some campsites only. Note this service charge goes directly to the campsite in question). We do not store credit or debit card details. In order for a Customer to make further or full payment for a booking and/or any optional extras, the Accommodation Provider may contact the Customer directly (or vice versa) to arrange the payment of the balance monies, or in the absence of such contact, on the day of the Customer’s arrival at the campsite.
3. How We Treat Personal Information for Minors
The Website is a service you can only use if you are over 16 years of age. We only process information about children with the consent of the parents or legal guardians or when the information is provided to use by the parents or legal guardian.
If you believe a child of yours under the age of 16 has entered Personal Information please contact email@example.com to have the data removed.
4. How We Use Personal Information
As part of our service we must exchange information between the Accommodation Providers and Customers so that each respective party knows the full details of the booking.
We use Customer Personal Information to complete and administer an online reservation and this information will be made available securely to the Accommodation Provider.
We may use the Personal Information in the following ways:
- To respond to and handle accommodation and optional extra queries and requests;
- Administer the accounts of Accommodation Providers;
- To send material to related to reservations;
- To provide individualised offers on the Website, in mobile applications or on third-party websites;
- To contact Customers to complete questionnaires relating to the service they have used
5. Sharing Information
In addition to sharing a Customer’s Personal Information with an Accommodation Provider we may share the visitor’s Personal Information with:
- Third-party service providers, who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, research or distribution of surveys. We may also authorise such third-party service providers to collect information on our behalf or to operate features of the Website or to facilitate online advertising tailored to a user’s interest.
- Business partners, who offer or advertise optional products or services on the Website. The name of a business partner involved in such products or services will be clearly displayed on the Website. If a Customer accesses these optional products or services, we may share information about the Customer, including Personal Information, with the said business partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these business partners and a Customer should refer to the terms and conditions of the business partner’s own website.
- Third Party websites, who refer visitors to us, and us to them, and such information may includes the Personal Information listed in section 2 above. Please review the privacy policies and terms and conditions of any such Third Party websites.
- Other users of the Website, in relation to content posted on the Website such as, reviews, comments, suggestions, ideas, comments, questions or other information.
- Competent authorities, which include government or investigative authorities, if we are required by law to do so.
- Outside credit card processing companies to process payments for the Website.
Campsited will make certain we have a legal basis to collect and process your Personal Information. Our primary reason in collecting personal is to perform our contract with our Customers i.e making sure we can complete your online reservation.
6. Choice and Opting Out
A visitor can choose to receive marketing information relating to the Website and it’s services. When a visitor chooses to receive marketing we may use their Personal Information in the following ways;
- To send regular newsletters by email;
- To contact them to complete questionnaires and market research;
- To send news about similar travel-related products and services;
In addition when a visitor has opted to be included in marketing relating to the Website, we may contact users by mail, telephone, SMS, and email about, promotions, discounts and events.
If a visitor prefers not to receive any further marketing communications from us, they can opt out at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a header that says 'Unsubscribe from marketing' and by specifying the email with which they opted into Campsited marketing initially.
If Campsited collects and processes your Personal Information for the purposes of non service provision related activities, on the basis of your consent, then you as a customer can withdraw your consent at any time.
A customer can make this request by sending an email to email@example.com, with a header that says “Stop processing Personal Information” and by specifying the email with which we can identify you.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You as a customer can complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information.
We are committed to responding to all requests we receive from visitors and users wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
7. How We Use Mobile Devices
We use a version of the Website that has been optimized for mobile devices. This mobile version processes personal details in a similar way as the Website does and may also allow use of location services to find accommodation nearby.
8. How We Keep Information Secure
We observe appropriate security procedures to prevent unauthorised access and the misuse of Personal Information. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access Personal Information in the course of their work. We protect information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Our systems have been designed to a high security standard and information is encrypted using HTTPS, however, the transmission of information via the Internet is never completely secure and we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet.
9. Getting Access to Personal Information
A Customer can request a copy of the Personal Information we hold by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Send me my Personal Information” and by specifying the email with which we can identify you.
10. Cookies Policy
The Website uses the following types of cookies:
- Functional cookies, which remember authentic information and preferences of users, which increase the Website’s efficiency and enhance the user experience e.g. remembering a user’s preferred currency, language and earlier searches;
- Technical cookies, which shows the user the Website, makes it function correctly and manages bookings. These technical cookies are necessary for the Website to properly function;
- Analytics cookies, which gathers data on the Website e.g. which web pages are viewed, the number of clicks on a given page, mouse movements and scrolling activity on the Website, the referring/exit pages of users, the type of platform the user views the Website, the date and time of visits to the Website and the text typed on the Website. We also use analytics cookies for online advertising campaigns as it allows us to learn how users interact with the Website. For casual users to the Website, who do not process a booking, we will not know who the user is and we will only obtain anonymous data. One of our goals in collecting this information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customize user experience.
A visitor of the Website may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on their browser which allows for the refusal of the setting of cookies. However, if a user selects this setting certain parts of the Website may be restricted or some services may be unavailable.
You can learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on our site you will not be able to take full advantage of our site if you do so
11. Contact us:
If a user of the Website has any questions about this Privacy Statement, our practices relating to the Website or any dealings with the Website please contact us at: email@example.com
You may also like to call us on +44 121 318 5585.